Sammi is asleep at my feet right now. She curled up in her little sofa bed and is sound asleep. She's been really sick since Monday morning. Last night she really gave us a scare when her fever spiked up to 104.7 and she started hallucinating (I use that term loosely). She was giggling and being active in her crib but we couldn't get her attention. Today she has been much better but I took her to the doctor just to be sure. It looks like she's got a sore throat and she's just not as active as normal.
We are coming off of a couple of great weekends in Pennslyvania. Last weekend we went up to help throw Pappy a surprise birthday party. Sammi got to see a bunch of her cousins which was a special treat.
This past weekend was a lot of fun too. We went pack up to PA on Friday night and spent the whole long weekend up there. On Saturday while Daddy, Aunt Jen, and I went shopping and then off to Hershey Park, Sammi hung out with Grandma and Pappy. Sounds like they had a lot of fun! Then on Sunday we all went to Hershey Park! Pappy, Grandma, Aunt Kelli, Uncle Matt, Aunt Jen, Daddy, and I all took Sammi on her first trip to the park. Her first ride was the carousel and she loved it. She sat on my lap and kept looking around the whole time. She was fascinated! Later we let Sammi get on the tiny scrambler all by herself. I was so proud of her because she enjoyed the ride by herself, yet, I think a part of me was disappointed she didn't call out for Mommy at all. I even shed a tear because she is getting so big! We were at the park when it opened at 10 am and Sammi didn't leave until after 6 p.m.! She didn't even nap! Then she went home with Grandma and Pappy for a quick bath and dinner before passing out! Daddy, Aunt Jen and I went to the Kenny Chesney concert later that night and let me tell you we were tired after that long day!
Then on Monday morning I knew something wasn't right when Sammi went right back to sleep after waking up. Although after a long Sunday I thought maybe she was just tired. When she got up again I noticed she felt warm and the day went downhill (for Sammi) from there.
Thanks to Grandma for making such a fabulous supper yesterday, BBQ chicken, ribs, and corn on the grill with potatoes and macaroni salad (yum yum yum!) followed with homemade strawberry shortcake (shortcake, strawberries, ice cream, whipped cream), and of course Ken's favorite sweet tea!
Sammi is starting to wake up now, so hopefully I can tell you more about our awesome trip to Hershey later this week!
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
The best of times, the worst of times...
Posted by Jill at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment