Samantha sure is a lucky little girl (I can here her now "I'm not a little girl, I'm a big girl") It started out Friday August 8th with Aunt Jen coming out to our house for movie night. Complete with popcorn we watched Meet the Robinsons and stayed up late. On Saturday us girls spent the day shopping and then Sammi left for Bel Air. On Monday, Grandpa, Granny, Aunt Jen, and Samantha drove to Aunt Joyce and Uncle Joe's house near Bethany Beach. From what I understand they all had a blast. They played at the house, flew kites, spent the day at the beach, and saw a show at the boardwalk (Kidsinger Jim). Sammi keeps talking about watching the Olympics at their house too, so I'm guessing there was some of that going on. "Swimming! Aunt Joyce loves Michael Phelps" she told me yesterday. Sounds like a great trip.
After the beach trip Aunt Jen and Uncle John brought Samantha up to Hershey to meet her brothers, father, and I. We were so excited to see her. Sammi and Aunt Jen even brought brownies and muffins. Apparantly they stayed up late (too late) baking on Friday night. With the crowd at Grandma and Pappy's house I think the brownies were pretty much gone within an hour. On Sunday we went to Hershey Park--again! It was actually our least favorite trip this summer, it was VERY crowded and the college kid-workers must have been leaving because there wasn't enough staff there. On Monday we went to see Aunt Kelli's classroom and help her hang some things up. Sammi enjoyed drawing and cutting paper. Then we went out to lunch with Aunt Kelli and Grandma and over to Aunt Kelli's house that night to see ultrasound pix of my new nephew (expected around NewYears).
Tuesday was the best day for me! Ken, Sammi, and I went to adventure sports to play mini-golf (more on that later), visit the arcade, ride go-karts, and bumper boats. We had so much fun. Watching Sammi "play" (used VERY lightly) mini-golf was a treat. But riding the bumper boats was the best. Lets just say the girls beat up on the daddy and he was soaked! That night Kelli and cousin Kevin came over to help watch the kids (thanks again) so Ken and I could go to a concert in Hershey (the best concert ever!). Wednesday was a blur and before we knew it we were back home. Sammi really enjoyed her time on vacation. She's not done yet... she gets to go to the outerbanks next month!

0 comments:
Post a Comment