So today is my last day of maternity leave with the boys. They start daycare on Monday and I go back to work on Wednesday. I'm very excited for them to start daycare because I think they'll get a lot out of it just like Samantha has. But I'm sad because I feel like my special time with them is up and we are about to move into our new final normal routine.
I've had such a good few months with the boys. I've learned so much about them and about myself. We went from bringing home a 4 pound 6 ounce Dylan with Brad still in the NICU to our sleepover in the hospital and bringing Bradley home on the Apnea monitor. We went from struggling to get them to eat one ounce every 3 or 4 hours to them wanting to eat every hour. I went from struggling to handle them at the same time to being able to feed them at the same time. And from being stuck in the house for a month to trips to the mall and walmart for just the three of us.
I'm excited to go back to work and challenge myself again and enjoy the social opportunities work provides me. But I just am sad that I won't be the one who is with them all the time. I know them so well right now. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm glad I took advantage of it. They are such sweet boys and I'll miss these days with them. At least I know that Samantha will be there to take good care of the boys.
Friday, May 02, 2008
A little sad, a little excited
Posted by Jill at 8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment