Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Being Sad

Last night was really hard. When Sammi and I got home from work we found Jesse in a seriously bad state. I thought we had lost her and was trying to keep Samantha away. Samantha was very aware that something was wrong and kept asking if Jesse was sleeping. It was so hard. Once Ken got home from work we realized that Jesse was still hanging on so we took her to the emergency vet. When we didn't receive good news and had to leave without our kitty, poor Sammi kept asking where she was. Ken tried to explain that Jesse had gone to heaven to play with Snoball and that Uncle Steve was going to take good care of her. She didn't quite get it. Which was really hard on me. Because she kept asking where Jesse was. When we got home she picked up the cat feather and said she wanted to play with Jesse. Jesse was the most beautiful cat, but she was so shy and timid and everything scared her. Its only been in recent weeks that Jess would let Sammi pet her. And Sammi got such a kick out of it. Our way of telling Samantha we're heading home is to tell her we're going to go see Jesse and Rosie. And when we left for work in the morning we always told Jesse she was in charge (because, Rosie would get into trouble!) Its amazing how pets become part of your family. I'm glad that Samantha got to know Jesse a little. Jesse was always so protective of her, since the first day we brought Sammi home from the hospital. I'll never forget Jesse attacking and meowing up a storm because we couldn't get Samantha to stop crying and Jesse thought Ken was hurting Samantha. I'm so sad this morning.

0 comments: