Monday, December 12, 2005

"Love You"


Samantha's vocabulary is really growing. Last week we heard her count to three, yesterday she said "this a book" when she got a book off her bookshelf, but so far the best yet has been that she said "love you." Now the unfortunate part of this (for me anyway) is that she said it to her Aunt Jen, not her Mommy. Although, Aunt Jen claims that she also said it when I walked out the front door on Saturday. But I don't know if that counts since I didn't hear it. I told Samantha that Aunt Jen isn't allowed back to our house until she says it to me. I understand that you probably shouldn't give a one year old an ultimatum, but I had to. The other very cute thing Samantha has been doing a lot lately is blowing kisses to everyone. Daddy left the house the other day and he said good bye and Samantha said "Bye Daddy" and blew him a kiss. She's such a sweetie.


Samantha had another great weekend. Aunt Jen came out Thursday on suspician that schools would be closed on Friday (they were) because of the snow. So she and Sammi spent the day together on Friday. Then on Saturday us girls went out shopping and had lots of fun. Santa even said hello to us when we walked through the mall. Saturday night Aunt Jen babysat Sammi while Mommy and Daddy went out without Samantha (gasp!). On Sunday Samantha helped Aunt Jenny make a Christmas tree for Uncle Stevie. And Samantha watched Daddy hang Christmas lights outside.


Samantha is very concerned about her big sister Rosie. Ever since Thanksgiving Rosie has been limping. Well we really thought it would go away but last week we realized it hasn't. So we finally decided to take Rosie to the vet. $350 later Rosie has her rabies and distemper shots and two beautiful X-rays. And the diagnosis....a broken hip. That's right, my poor little kitty has a fractured hip. I feel so bad for her! And the fix... a $1500 surgery. They have to call in an orthopedic surgeon. The alternative is to wait and see what happens. It is possible that it will heal itself. So, that's what we're going to try to do. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. She still runs around like a nut and attacks/bullies our other kitty. So, hopefully it will heal. Looking at her X-ray's the vet seemed to think that her bone may already be growing back. We'll see, we'll keep a close eye on her.

0 comments: